Saturday, January 2, 2010

Yeek Yak Air Force


Happy new year, everybody! (especially to my one follower & to the blogs that have linked me) I, for one, am very glad that 2009 is finally over. It was a great year for personal growth but it seemed pretty destructive & sad on a global scale. Seeing as it is now January of 2010, I am reminded that the blog's been around for almost a year. It's true, I didn't get a chance to post as often as I'd have liked to but I am pleased with the handful of responses I've gotten on some of the things I've chosen to post.

I never got a chance to see Seattle's Yeek Yak Air Force live, but after reading & hearing about them for a year or two and being intrigued by the various descriptions, I decided to buy their album & give 'em a listen. I must admit, based on what I'd read, I expected a more abrasive, noisy album, but the sounds on this disc were almost anything but. I don't listen to a lot of "math rock" but YYAF are a band I can really get into. They've always kind of reminded me of a mellow version of Jawbox or Sharks Keep Moving, with vocals that make me think of the Flaming Lips... this is probably a terrible description but I'm not very familiar with many bands that sound like this. So, you should probably just do yourself a favor & check out this album

Yeek Yak Air Force

No comments:

Post a Comment